Thursday, July 07, 2005

This first prayer update was a challenge, not for the content, but because Kirt always jotted out the rough draft, and I only critiqued (my favorite activity) and polished. All I could think of was the image of him sitting at his desk with his yellow pad in hand, and his eyes glancing up toward the ceiling as he chewed on the back of his pen and waited for the right words to say. I don't need to tell you, things are sure not the same. That was a day for adding quite a few new ingredients to my brew of Tear Soup.

Timmy, our youngest, graduates with 2 associate’s degrees from Mesa Community College, and Jeremy, our second son, graduates next week from ASU. I had planned to return to Tepic right after that. However, two of our kids are taking the 1st session of summer school which finishes up the last week of June. All of the kids and their spouses want to return to Tepic with me, and they have convinced me to wait until then. I still have megaloads of details to iron out, several of which are due to Kirt being an American citizen who died "abroad." Also, I have agreed to be the "resident missionary" for DVBS at Scottsdale Baptist Church this June. So, I feel that all of these details are an indication that God's timing for my return is for the first week in July.

My crazy son-in-law, Jacob, and Kiki, our daughter, invited me to "live" with them whenever I want, in fact, they insisted. My parents had a room all prepared for me, too; and Ben and his wife, Karley, and Jeremy, and Jessica have invited me to stay with them. I opted for Jacob and Kiki's house because it is most central to all, and I have enjoyed immensely, the time I've been able to spend with all of them. I don't think any of them had a clue that I would be returning "alone" to Tepic, and frankly, 2 months ago, neither did I. God sure has some interesting plans for us. I'm sure glad I didn't know in advance; I don't think I could have gone through with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home