Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Who can know the mind of God?

Every day is filled from morning to night with opportunities for service, and with activities in which I find myself totally immersed and questioning, "How in the world did I get this job?"   In my wildest dreams, I would have never dared to imagine even the fringe of the adventure, and blessings, that have become commonplace.  I find myself constantly repeating, Romans 11:33, 34 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who hath been his counselor?"

I just came from lunch with a family who lost their 18-year-old daughter in a car accident. She was in the accident the day before Kirt's funeral, but she hung on to life by a thread until September when she died. They are struggling with the sense of it all, and I'm not sure I have the answers they are looking for. More than answers, they need someone to share their hurt, and that I can do.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home