Friday, November 25, 2005

"American-style Thanksgiving?"

I missed my family so much, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

  It's not exactly the same as "real family," but I had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Martin and Eren brought me some beautiful Acapulco flowers. Tony and Xochitl brought a turkey over, and I made all the trimmings for a "real American" celebration.  We each took a turn reading the "Thanksgiving" verse on our place cards and shared one thing for which we are especially thankful this year.  I told the Mayflower/Pilgrim story to everybody while we were eating, and the comment was made, "No wonder God has blessed the United States.  Look at the purpose for its foundation." A point well made! 

Our 9:30 pm Thanksgiving dinner finished up at a few minutes before midnight...on a school night, no less!

 
Viva Mexico! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home